Samples of Obituaries
This sample of an obituary can be adapted to relate to anyone who died suddenly. Make sure you keep in mind that an obituary is a way to inform people of a person's passing and to give information about the deceased's life, the funeral, and the surviving family members. All the samples of obituaries give those details.
- Other samples of obituaries resources you might find helpful:
- How do I write an obituary? - A sentence-by-sentence guide to writing obituaries
- What do I write in an Obituary? - Point by point checklist of what to write in an obituary
- What to write in Newspaper Obituaries, Death Notices and Funeral Obituaries?
- Newspaper Obituaries are Disappearing! - Article by Melanie Walters
- Avoid Identify theft from Obituaries - A checklist of what you can do right now
- Avoiding Common Pitfalls when writing Obituaries - practical tips for writing a tactful obituary
- How to Handle Delicate Issues When Writing an Obituary - family secrets should remain secrets and more
- Newspaper Obituaries - online obituaries in alphabetical order
- Free Obituaries - Where you can submit free obituaries online
- Obituaries List - Listings of Obituaries categorized by state
- Celebrity Obituaries - Deaths of stars and celebrities' online obituaries
- Famous People Obituaries - Notable deaths and obituaries
- Sunday Obituaries - Big City Newspapers Obituaries Online
- Funeral Obituaries - Examples of funeral obituaries
- Death Notice - Examples of death notices
Sample Obituary for Someone who Died Suddenly
Robert R. Humphrey, 19, Ogema, died at 12:46 a.m., Saturday, Dec. 30, 2006, from injuries sustained in a one vehicle accident in rural Ogema, Saskatchewan.
Robert was born Dec. 14, 1987, in Ogema, Sask. and was a lifelong area resident. He worked as a combine operator, was a volunteer fireman and first responder for the Ogema Fire Department and was a member of the local hockey team.
He is survived by his mother and step-father, Lisa and Tim Weems, Ogema; his father, Raymond Humphrey, Regina; paternal grandmother, Nancy Humphrey, Regina; maternal grandmother, Linda Houston, Lumsden; great-grandmother, Mildred Howard, Lumsden; two brothers, Timothy Weems, Ogema and Brian Friend, Goodman; two sisters, Melinda Fields and husband, Alex, Ogema and Cindy Humphrey, Saskatoon, Sask.; two nephews, Kyler and Kelton Fields, one niece, Alexis Fields and numerous aunts, uncles and cousins.
He is preceded in death by grandparents, Pete and Shirley Lawson, Kenneth Lundblad and R.J. Humphrey.
Services will be held at 10 a.m., Wednesday, Jan. 3, at the McCall Funeral Home Chapel of Memories, Gary Colt will officiate. Burial will be in the Union Cemetery and serving as pallbearers will be Stephen Ethridge, Christopher Edwards, Levi Lawson, Matt Weems, Matt Susky and Charlie Clovin.
Friends may call at the McCall Funeral Home, Ogema from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Tuesday and the family will receive friends from 6 to 7 p.m., Tuesday, at the funeral home.
Contributions in memory of Robert may be made to the Ogema Fire Department, c/o McCall Funeral Home, PO Box 345, Ogema, SK L0R 1C0.
Arrangements under the direction of McCall Funeral Home, Ogema, Saskatchewan