Eulogy Poem - To a Dead Man by Carl Sandburg (1878-1967)
Visit the main listing of Eulogy Poems Samples for free access to all eulogy poems samples. Eulogy poems are written and recited to express sadness at the loss of someone dear. Below you'll find one example of a eulogy poem.
- Other funeral resources you might find helpful:
- Online Funeral Resources - For helping with arrangements, planning and saving money
- Funeral Planning Guide and Checklist E-Book (Now Free) - Save thousands of dollars while still paying your deepest respects for the deceased.
- The Basics of How to Organize a Funeral - Learn how to get organized easily and quickly
- How do I Write a Eulogy - Step-by-step guide to writing a thoughtful and meaningful eulogy
- Choosing the Right Funeral Director - Learn how to choose the right funeral director
To a Dead Man by Carl Sandburg (1878-1967)
Over the dead line we have called to you
To come across with a word to us,
Some beaten whisper of what happens
Where you are over the dead line
Deaf to our calls and voiceless.
The flickering shadows have not answered
Nor your lips sent a signal
Whether love talks and roses grow
And the sun breaks at morning
Splattering the sea with crimson.