Eulogy Poem - She, at His Funeral by Thomas Hardy (1840-1928)
Visit the main listing of Eulogy Poems Samples for free access to all eulogy poems samples. Eulogy poems are written and recited to express sadness at the loss of someone dear. Below you'll find one example of a eulogy poem.
- Other funeral resources you might find helpful:
- Online Funeral Resources - For helping with arrangements, planning and saving money
- Funeral Planning Guide and Checklist E-Book (Now Free) - Save thousands of dollars while still paying your deepest respects for the deceased.
- The Basics of How to Organize a Funeral - Learn how to get organized easily and quickly
- How do I Write a Eulogy - Step-by-step guide to writing a thoughtful and meaningful eulogy
- Choosing the Right Funeral Director - Learn how to choose the right funeral director
She, at His Funeral by Thomas Hardy (1840-1928)
They bear him to his resting-place-
In slow procession sweeping by;
I follow at a stranger's space;
His kindred they, his sweetheart I.
Unchanged my gown of garish dye,
Though sable-sad is their attire;
But they stand round with griefless eye,
Whilst my regret consumes like fire!