Condolences Examples for a sudden death or suicide can help you express your sympathy. If the announcement says, that the deceased died suddenly, it usually means they took their own life. Unfortunately for the survivors, many people are uncomfortable with the thought of suicide so they don't send condolences at all. A suicide or sudden death should be treated like any other death. Tell the bereaved that you knew their loved one, that you valued their friendship and express your sympathy. It may not make it easier for the family of the deceased to understand why they committed suicide, but it will offer some comfort during an extremely difficult time. See the condolences examples below.
- Other free condolence examples and resources you might find helpful:
- Sympathy Words and Sayings - sympathy sayings and sympathy words of condolence, for mom, dad, brother, sister, grandparents and more.
- Eulogy Poem Samples - free poems for eulogies, sympathy cards and funeral readings
- Funeral Readings - selected poems, prose and verses for funerals and sympathy cards
- Sample Letter of Sympathy Condolence - samples for many situations and people.
- Words of Condolences - cards and letter examples
- Condolence Message Samples - messages of support to the family of the deceased.
- Condolence Examples - meaningful letters of condolence examples.
- Free Condolence Letters - condolence letters you can copy.
- Sample Letter of Sympathy - words to offer your sympathy.
- Messages of Sympathy - messages of sympathy cards and letters.
- Words of Comfort for Sympathy - Words to say that comfort people.
Condolence Examples for Sudden Death
Condolences Example 1 for Sudden Death
I am completely shocked at the sudden death of your mother.
May God give her eternal rest and may her soul rest in peace.
Please be strong and accept my most sincere condolences.
All my sympathy is with you.
Condolences Example 2 for Sudden Death
I am deeply saddened by the sudden death of Henry. I'm proud to have known such a kind, warm and brilliant person. My prayers and thoughts are with him and with those he left behind.
Condolences Example 3 for Sudden Death
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Cohen,
I am so sorry to hear of the sudden death of Colby. I met him at Thomas and Betts, and we became friends. He was such a fun person to be around. He would often challenge me to a game of darts and he loved to play the vintage Pac Man video game in the lunchroom. He was always upbeat and engaging, always ready to listen. He was a good friend and I will sorely miss him. I am truly sorry for your loss and I hope Colby has found peace.
With sincere condolences,
Condolences Example 4 for Sudden Death
I want to share my heartfelt condolences at the sudden death of your friend, Ellie. May her soul rest in peace. I remember meeting her at your baby shower, what a great friend. She stayed late and the two of us did all the dishes together, we shared a lot of laughs that night! I am saddened to think that I won't have an opportunity to see her again. Maybe you and I can go out for lunch some time next week, I'll call you on the weekend to see what your schedule is like.
In deepest sympathy,
Condolences Example 5 for Sudden Death
Dear Vanessa and Blake,
I am so sorry for your loss. Michael's suicide has come as a shock to all of us. Every time I saw him, we would have long talks about science and school. He always took such good care of the dogs while we were away, and the kids loved to play with him, especially when he took them to the park. It's hard to understand why he would have taken his own life, but know in your heart that he has found the peace he could not find in life. God has a plan for him, no matter how hard it is for us to see. I am grateful to have known him and he will always be remembered as the sweet, gentle, fun, Michael. My thoughts and prayers are with him and with you at this sad time.
With sincere condolences,