SIGN UP for our newsletter
Sympathy Sayings Examples
Sympathy sayings examples give just the right inspiration for closing a letter, writing a flower message card, or just as something comforting to say to someone who is grieving. Below you'll find some helpful sympathy sayings examples.
- Other Sympathy Words and Condolence Resources you might find helpful:
- Sympathy Condolence Resources - Learn how to express condolences for all occasions
- Words of Condolences Resources - Use our written examples of sympathy condolences to help express your feelings better
- Funeral Planning Guide and Checklist E-Book (Now Free) - Save thousands of dollars while still paying your deepest respects for the deceased
- Condolences in Email - Write condolences in e-mail; use our examples to help you write the correct words
- Eulogy Examples - Written examples of eulogies you can use for inspiration
More Sympathy Sayings Examples
- (Name of deceased) will always be in our hearts and memories
- Remembering you and (name of deceased) in our minds and in our hearts.
- May the love of those around you help you through the days ahead.
- Words seem inadequate to express the sadness we feel about (name of deceased) death. We are here to support you in your grieving process. With sincere sympathy,
- We are deeply sorry to hear about the death of (name of deceased).
- (Name of deceased) brought so many gifts to our life. We will never forget (him/her)!
- Words cannot even begin to express our sorrow, you are in our prayers.
- Hold tight to memories for comfort, lean on your friends for strength, and always remember how much you are cared about.
- We pray the love of God enfolds you during your journey through grief.
- Although no words can really help to ease the loss you bear, just know that you are very close in every thought and prayer.
- Though our days together are over I will remember you always with love.
- Death is not extinguishing the light, it is putting out the lamp because the dawn has come
- May you take comfort in knowing an angel is watching over you.
- In sorrow, we mourn those lost. In gratitude, we embrace those around us. In sympathy, we reach out to those who grieve.
- We're deeply saddened by your loss. Our thoughts are with you.
- To (Family member's name) with deepest sympathy on the demise of your (Mother/Father).
- As you grieve know that we are remembering you and honoring the memory of (name of the deceased).
- To the family of the late (decease's name). With deepest sympathies and condolences.
- May the peace that comes from the memories of love shared, comfort you now and in the days ahead.
- We pray that god will give you strength and courage in your time of bereavement.
- Please accept our most heartfelt sympathies for your loss. Our thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.
- We share your grief in this time of bereavement with deepest sympathy and condolence.
- We share comfort in knowing (name of deceased) is no longer suffering. We send thoughts of sympathy and support to you as you begin your journey without (name of deceased).
- With deepest sympathy and condolences on the demise of your (Mother/Father).