Condolences examples help you express your sympathy about the tragic loss someone. Condolences like in this example are usually kept very brief. It's a simple acknowledgement of the tragic passing of a loved one. See the condolences examples below.
- Other free condolence examples and resources you might find helpful:
- Sympathy Words and Sayings - sympathy sayings and sympathy words of condolence, for mom, dad, brother, sister, grandparents and more.
- Eulogy Poem Samples - free poems for eulogies, sympathy cards and funeral readings
- Funeral Readings - selected poems, prose and verses for funerals and sympathy cards
- Sample Letter of Sympathy Condolence - samples for many situations and people.
- Words of Condolences - cards and letter examples
- Condolence Message Samples - messages of support to the family of the deceased.
- Condolence Examples - meaningful letters of condolence examples.
- Free Condolence Letters - condolence letters you can copy.
- Sample Letter of Sympathy - words to offer your sympathy.
- Messages of Sympathy - messages of sympathy cards and letters.
- Words of Comfort for Sympathy - Words to say that comfort people.
Condolence Examples for Tragic Death
Condolences Example 1 for tragic death
Please accept my sincere sympathy on the tragic death of your friend. I am very sorry that he is no longer with you.
No doubt this sad event has been very disturbing for you and for the many other people who knew and cared for him. I am thinking of you and them in this time of loss and bereavement.
Condolences Example 3 for tragic death
The news of Garret's death is really sad and a great loss indeed to all of us who have had contact with him. Garret was a very pleasant and accommodating person. May the Lord comfort his dear family and friends.
Condolences Example 4 for tragic death
Dear Family of George Williams,
I was shocked and saddened to learn about the sudden demise of my dear friend George. I have known him for over thirty years. He was more than a colleague he was a dear friend. He was very helpful, optimistic and championed the cause of science worldwide. He paid special attention to young people and worked hard to share his love of science to his students. He had time for everybody. His office was always full of young scientists seeking advice, which he readily gave. George worked very hard for the development of science in the developing countries in his position as head of the Office of External Activities. I send my deepest condolences to his family and the scientific community. We shall miss him.
Dr. Wilbur Stone
Condolences Example 5 for tragic death
We were deeply shocked and saddened to hear of the death of our friend and colleague Brian Edwards on the 23rd July. We would like to extend our sincerest condolences to his family and his colleagues.
We were very fortunate to have worked with Brian during the planning phase of the Unicef Project and we warmly remember his enthusiastic and skillful support to the project. He was a very kind person who was always willing to give his time and knowledge.
We are deeply saddened that we will not have him around us anymore.
The staff of Wildwood Conservatory
(each person signs the card personally)
Condolences Example 6 for tragic death
Dear Mrs. Smith,
I had just came to know Bill from meeting him at work. Right away he struck me as a kind and generous person. I wish I had the opportunity to know him better. I am very sorry to hear of his untimely death. Please accept my heartfelt condolences. May his soul rest in perfect peace.
With sincere heartfelt condolences,