Words of Condolence to Write in a Letter for a Friend's Cousin
Words of condolences for a friend’s cousin or relative are an appropriate way to show your respects to the deceased and to acknowledge that your friend is grieving. Sometimes finding the right words to say to a friend who has lost a family member can be difficult, especially if you didn’t know the deceased well. Below you’ll find an excellent example of appropriate words of condolences.
- Other words of condolence resources you might find helpful:
- Sample Letter of Sympathy Condolence - samples for many situations and people.
- Condolence Phrases - what to say to the family of the deceased.
- Condolence Message - samples of condolence letters.
- Condolence Examples - meaningful letters of condolence examples.
- Free Condolence Letters - condolence letters you can copy.
- Sample Letter of Sympathy - words to offer your sympathy.
- Sympathy Sayings - short sayings that express sympathy.
- Messages of Sympathy - messages of sympathy cards and letters.
- Words of Comfort for Sympathy - Words to say that comfort people.
Words of Condolence Letter for a Friend's Cousin
I was really sorry to hear about your cousin George. Though I didn’t know him that well, the few times that I met him he was really nice to me. He seemed like a genuinely good guy. I know you and him were very close, so please accept my deepest sympathies.
I always remember you telling me about when you and your cousins spent your summer holidays together at you Grandma’s. Hearing about all the fun you had made me wish I had been there with you. I know you and George spent a lot of time together during those days and that you became as close as brothers.
I’m so sorry I can’t be there with you to support you at this time, but remember I’m just a phone call away. I’ll be calling you to check up on you anyway. Please let the rest of your family know that I’m thinking of you all that my prayers are with you. I’ll be looking forward to seeing you again sometime towards the end of the year. Until then my friend, please accept my sincerest condolences.