Loving Messages to Write in a Sympathy Card
The following messages are designed to help you express your sympathy with a card or flowers. You can simply use them as they are or adapt them to compose your own personal message.
- Other Messages to Write in a Sympathy Card Resources you might find helpful:
- Words of Condolences to write in a card - sample messages to write in a sympathy card
- More words of condolences to write in a card - more sample messages to write in a sympathy card
- Words of comfort for sympathy - samples of messages for illness and death
- Sympathy Quotes - quotes to use as messages in a sympathy card
- Sympathy Sayings - use these sayings to end your sympathy card
- Sympathy Words: Writing Words of Sympathy and Comfort - Good advice for when you write sympathy letters
- Words of Condolences for Cards - 5 great examples of messages for sympathy or condolence cards
- Condolence Phrases for Condolence Cards - Find the perfect message from these examples
- Sending Flowers? Know exactly what to say on the card - Condolence phrases for flower message cards
- Sympathy Sayings - Short sayings to express your condolences to someone whose lost a loved one
It's hard to know what to say, except that I'm thinking of you in friendship and in sympathy.
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather. He was an amazing man and lived a full and He was not only the kind of man people wanted to be, he was the kind of man people would be proud to be.
Life.....so fragile, Loss....so sudden, Heart....so broken,...in the wake of such a loss, we are haunted by things we dont, and may never understand. Yet the solace we seek may not come from answers. So we look for comfort in the belief of love's everlasting connection. May that love lift you and hold you close, and give you peace.
Our deepest sympathies during your time of loss. Please know that we are here for you. With Love,
Please accept my condolences on the loss of your sister. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
We wish to extend our condolences and let you know you are all in our thoughts and prayers.
In loving memory of Aunt Bernice, she will be missed dearly.
I have been thinking about you a lot lately and I want you to know how sincerely sorry I am. I can't begin to understand your loss. Please let me know if there is anything, absolutely anything, I can do.
I am so sorry for you loss. You are such a dear friend and I want you to know that you and your family are thought of and I will hold you in my heart. Be encouraged and know that God holds her in his arms and peace is her covering. God bless you.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family through this heartbreaking time. There's nothing I can say that will ease your pain but I just wanted you to know I am thinking of you. My deepest condolences.
May God bless and keep you and your family in His care now and forever. You are in my Prayers.
I just wanted to let you know my thoughts and my prayers are with you and your family through this heartbreaking time. Nothing I can say will ease your pain but just wanted you to know I am thinking of you. Love to you and your family
Extending deep and heartfelt sympathy to you and your family.
I wish I could gather the right words to make your pain less and offer you some comfort. You are always in my thoughts.
With heartfelt sympathy, may you feel our love embrace you during this difficult time.
Messages to Write in a Sympathy Card Sent With Flowers
These are specific messages to write in a sympathy card when it is sent with flowers.
- May these flowers express what words cannot
- May these beautiful flowers forever remind you of the beautiful relationship you shared with _______
- Please accept these flowers as an expression of my deepest sympathy
- In loving memory of _______
- With fond memories of _______
- Please know our prayers and thoughts are with you
- For you at this difficult time
- Sharing your sorrow
- With sincere condolences
- May the memory of love shared comfort you in the days ahead
- In fond remembrance of _______
- Gone but never forgotten
- Forever in our hearts
- Saddened by your loss
- Please accept our deepest sympathy and know that our thoughts are with you
- In loving memory of a dear and cherished friend
- With deepest sympathy from the _______ family
- With loving memories
- With heartfelt condolences from the family of _______
- With heartfelt sympathy from the management and staff of _______
- The management and staff of _______ send our deepest sympathies at this difficult time
- So dearly loved
- So greatly missed
- With beautiful memories of _______
- Grief is the reminder that we loved and were loved
- Especially for you at this difficult time
- Forever in our thoughts
Famous Quotes to Write in a Sympathy Card
Quotes by famous individuals make excellent messages to write in a sympathy card. Some you can use are:
“In the night of death, hope sees a star, and listening love can hear the rustle of a wing.” Robert Ingersoll
"Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts.” Charles Dickens
“He kept at true good humour's mark, the social flow of pleasure's tide: He never made a brow look dark, nor caused a tear, but when he died.” Thomas Love Peacock
“With what a deep devotedness of woe I wept thy absence - o'er and o'er again, Thinking of thee, still thee, till thought grew pain, And memory, like a drop that, night and day, Falls cold and ceaseless, wore my heart away!” Thomas Moore
“Tears are God’s gift to us. Our holy water. They heal us as they flow.” Rita Schiano
“Good-night! good-night! as we so oft have said, Beneath this roof at midnight, in the days That are no more, and shall no more return., Thou hast but taken up thy lamp and gone to bed; I stay a little longer, as one stays, To cover up the embers that still burn.”! Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
“It is the will of God and Nature that these mortal bodies be laid aside, when the soul is to enter into real life; 'tis rather an embryo state, a preparation for living; a man is not completely born until he be dead: Why then should we grieve that a new child is born among the immortals?” Benjamin Franklin
“Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.” Author Unknown
“Tearless grief bleeds inwardly.” Christian Bovee.
“Grief and sadness knits two hearts in closer bonds than happiness ever can and common sufferings are far stronger than common joys.” Alphonse de Lamartine
Things to Consider When Using Our Messages to Write in a Sympathy Card
When using our messages to write in a sympathy card, make sure you choose one that reflects the nature of your relationship with both the bereaved and the deceased. A sincere message timely sent can do wonders to help an individual or family deal with the loss of their loved one.
Common Misspellings to Avoid When Writing Sympathy Card Messages:
Makes sure you avoid these common spelling mistakes if substituting your own words for any in our examples of messages to write in a sympathy card: