Condolence Phrases for Longer Condolence Cards
Condolence phrases offer your sympathy at a sad time. The condolence phrases below are good examples of how to word a condolence card. You can modify the condolence examples below to make them more personal by including the deceased's name.
- Condolence Phrases Resources You Might Find Helpful:
- Sympathy Sayings Examples - Short sympathy sayings appropriate for cards, notes
- More Sympathy Sayings Examples - More sympathy sayings for sympathy cards, sympathy flowers.
- Sympathy Quotes - Sympathy quotes for your eulogies and sympathy notes.
- Messages to Write in a Sympathy Card - Sympathy messages for sympathy and condolences.
- Words of Condolence to Write in a Card - Five examples of words of condolence to write in a card.
- More Words of Condolences to Write in a Card - Four more examples of words of condolence for cards.
- Condolence Message Samples - Short condolence for a letters.
- Sympathy Words and Sayings - different types of sympathy messages about death of specific people.
Examples of Long Condolence Phrases
Long Condolence Phrases Example 1
I am sorry to hear about your brother Joseph. I remember when we were younger and the three of us used to play baseball together in that old lot behind the grocery store. He taught us both a lot about not giving up when something was difficult. I wish you peace in this sad time.
Long Condolence Phrases Example 2
I just found out about your daughter's death and want to let you know how sorry both Jane and I were when we heard about it. It is so sad when someone in their prime of life is taken so young.
I know that your faith will help you through this difficult time. May God's blessings be with you all.
In Sincere Friendship,
Long Condolence Phrases Example 3
Yesterday, I met your sister and was shocked to hear of your father's death. I'm sorry I can't be with you right now, but as soon as I finish my project I will come to you. Promise me that until then you will keep my thoughts and prayers with you. Please call me when you have a chance.
Your loving friend,
Long Condolence Phrases Example 4
I was so sorry to hear about your mother's death. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you heal from this sad loss. Please know that I am here for you if I can be of any help.
With All My Love,
Long Condolence Phrases Example 5
I recently heard about the death of your mother. Her loss must be taxing on you in more ways than one, and I would like to extend to you any help you might need. Even though this time is difficult, with the support of friends, you can get through it. I know your mother would have wanted you to be happy. And you will be again one day.
Long Condolence Phrases Example 6
It is with my deepest sympathies that I send my condolences on the death of your mom. I was so sorry to hear that she died, but I know now that at least her suffering is over. She was so strong in the way she battled her disease. I can't believe how she actually made it easier for all of us to deal with it, in spite of her pain. Please pass on my sympathies to the boys and Gerald. I know this is a sorrowful time for you all.
With all my love,