Condolence Message Samples for a Young Friend
Condolence message samples of letters for the death of a young friend can be very comforting to his grieving parents and family. Long after the funeral, your condolence message will be a reminder of how important his life was to many people, even though it was cut short. Show your sympathy for the loss of a young friend a heartfelt condolence message like this example below. Use this example as inspiration for your own handwritten condolence message.
- Other condolence message samples and resources you might find helpful:
- Words of Condolence to Write in a Letter for a Father - a good example of a condolence letter for a great dad
- Sample Letters of Sympathy and Condolences for a Father - a good example for when you didn't know the dad well
- Condolence Letters for a Father - a great example of a friendly relationship with a friend's dad.
- Sympathy Words about Dad - over 40 examples of condolence messages for dad.
- Messages of Sympathy Letters about Dad - condolence message for the death of a dad.
- Words of Condolence Letter for a Family Man - condolences for the loss of a husband and father.
Condolence Message Samples Letter for Young Friend
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Sanborn,
Yesterday I learned of the unfortunate and untimely death of your son and my friend Jacob. There are no words to describe the utter grief that I am feeling right now, and I cannot possibly imagine the shock and sorrow that has been thrust on your family as well.
I will always remember fondly the experiences he and I had playing in various rock bands, sports teams, and hanging out together. It is true that he was taken from us too soon, and I think you share my sentiment that it feels a little unfair that such a smart and talented young man's life has ended with so much living left to do. It is my firm belief that bad things that happen to good people serve a greater good, and Jacob's death will, I believe, teach us all something if we only let ourselves be taught. Right now, we all are trudging through the mourning process, but with support from friends and family, I think we can find ourselves whole again.
During this difficult time for your family, I would like to extend a helping hand if you will have it. I think of you two as a second family for me, so please don't hesitate to call me for any reason. One thing that I feel would honor his memory and help me through this process is if you would allow me to say a few words at his funeral. Please accept my sincerest condolences and know that I am here with you through it all if you need me.
Yours in mutual grief,