Hiring a Seattle Tax Attorney to assist you with your finances is a smart move. Securing the services of an experienced, qualified tax lawyer provides you with many advantages. The peace of mind obtained from knowing that your financial affairs are in order and you don’t have to worry about the IRS is priceless, cost of a Seattle Tax Attorney around $200 - $500 per hour. Tax laws in the United States are complex and constantly changing, and hiring a Seattle tax attorney can help you to avoid problems before they even occur. When a difficult legal position does arise, your tax expert can deal with the IRS in a way that you can’t. Let’s take a look at some things to consider when hiring a Seattle Tax Attorney.
How Much Does a Seattle Tax Attorney Charge
The hourly rates for Seattle tax attorneys as are stated in the paragraph above, around two to five hundred dollars per hour. Usually a retainer is required, the amount of which is based upon an estimated number of hours. As your attorney handles your case, he will deduct the cost of his time from the retainer, if going over, he will bill; you accordingly. Some minor issues can be dealt with within a few hours, while some lawyers may charge a set fee of between $700 and $1500 to negotiate a payment plan with the IRS on your behalf. But costs may soar if complications arise, so make sure that you are completely honest with any Seattle tax attorney you may hire. Typical retainer fees for tax case begin at around two thousand dollars, but depending on your personal situation could be as much as ten or fifteen thousand. If it’s the necessary to go to court, the cost may be even more. Additional costs may include court and filing fees, telephone calls and consultations, while some attorneys include these costs in their hourly fee to save billing expenses.
- More Tax and Attorney Resources you might find helpful:
- Claim Solicitors, Lawyers and Legal Advice Articles - choosing solicitors, lawyers. No win no fee solicitors. Legal advice.
- Wills Online, Wills and Living Trusts, and Estate Planning Advice Articles – what you need to know about online wills and living trusts
- Probate Laws, Probate Court, Probate Attorney Advice Articles – how to avoid probate, what is probate and how to get a good probate attorney
- Funeral Advice Articles – what you need to know about preparing for a funeral
- Ordering Flowers Online Advice Articles – where is the best place to order flowers online
- Wrongful Death, Mesothelioma Advice Articles - helpful articles to guide you through the legal and emotional aspects wrongful death
- Articles By Category – a categorized list of articles on ObituariesHelp.org
What Qualifications You Should Look for in a Seattle Tax Attorney
Of course your Seattle tax attorney should have a valid law degree, but there are also non-paper qualifications that are equally important. In addition to a sharp financial mind and an in depth knowledge of the IRS and tax issues and laws, they should also be experienced. Ask your lawyer about their background, do they handle your specific type of case on a regular basis, and if so, what were the results.
Remember to be up front and honest with your Seattle tax attorney. Avoiding tax is completely legal, but evading it is a crime that could see you sentenced to a long jail term. Avoiding taxes is simply the practice an attorney takes to reduce the amount of taxes you have to pay, while tax evasion involves hiding income from the federal and state governments. Keep things on the up and up, and you’ll be surprised how much taxes you can save by hiring a Seattle tax attorney, while avoiding spending time as a guest of Uncle Sam.